LAS VEGAS, Feb. 19-21, 2019
– VELUX encourages builders to think outside the box and incorporate the ceiling, or fifth wall, into their designs. The fifth wall is frequently an unused space, and IBS attendees will be able to experience the latest in fifth wall design at booth C3307.
“VELUX has always been a vocal advocate for fifth wall designs,” said Ross Vandermark, national product manager for VELUX America. “For example, simply incorporating a skylight and adding natural light can completely transform a space and make it more welcoming and comfortable.”
See fifth wall designs brought to life in the VELUX booth, including:
- Emily Henderson’s Portland, Ore., home renovation – Henderson used skylights to make the small kitchen feel larger and shine natural light on exposed beams in the master bedroom.
- Brian Patrick Flynn’s Mid-Century Modern home makeover – Flynn is known for his bold use of color, and he used skylight blinds to bring pops of spring green, fire engine red and charcoal grey to a bedroom and two bathrooms he recently renovated.
- Dark colors in a bright kitchen – See how natural light from skylights enabled a Charlotte, N.C., homeowner to use dark blue and black in her kitchen without the space feeling dark and claustrophobic.
- Reframing a flat ceiling – Learn how skylights bring height to rooms with flat ceilings.
- Big light in a small package – See how Sun Tunnels are a quick, low-cost way to bring natural light into any space.