Products - rigid sun tunnels
- In what sizes are rigid tunnel VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylights available?
Rigid tunnel VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylights are available in three different sizes. In all there are three different sizes:
- 10-inch diameter (TGR and TMR)
- 14-inch diameter fits between 16" on center framing (TGR and TMR)
- 22-inch diameter fits between 24" on center framing (TCC
- How much light will a rigid tunnel VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylight transmit?
- A precise answer depends on many factors including the roof orientation (i.e. South is always best), tunnel length, tunnel angles, time of day, season of the year, etc. However, generally the 10 and 14-inch diameter TGR and TMR units are best for lighting up bathrooms, halls, walk-in closets and areas up to 10' x 10'. The 22-inch diameter TCC
or TGC model is perfect for lighting larger areas. The same size rigid tunnel will always transmit more light than a flexible tunnel of the same size, length and configuration.
- What are the advantages of the flexible tunnel?
- The flexible sun tunnel is the simplest and fastest way to install tubular devices available. It easily bends around attic obstructions like pipes and wires making alignment between the roof and ceiling simple.
- Will the sun tunnel fit all roof types?
- TGR and TMR are designed for asphalt shingles and wooden shingles up to 5/16" (8 mm) thick and roof pitches between 14°- 60° (3:12 - 20:12). The tile kits ZTG and ZTM (available separately), expand the use of TGR and TMR to include profiled roofing materials (tiles) with maximum 1 ¾" (45 mm) profile height.
- What comes in the product package?
- The dome, flashing, tunnel, hardware and everything needed for a
complete roof-to-ceiling installation (including step-by-step
instructions and labels) are all included. There are no tools included
in the kit.
- What is your warranty on VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylights?
- Our VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylights come with a ten year warranty. For a complete overview of all product warranties, visit our Warranty Info section.
- Is the rigid tunnel VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylight energy efficient?
- Yes! The TGR and TMR are 2010 ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Will the VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylights help with the winter 'blahs'?
Winter time means that lots of us get stuck indoors at home and work.
Studies show that natural, full-spectrum sunlight greatly contributes
to increased productivity in the workplace and to an overall feeling of
well-being. Sunlight deprivation can lead to a condition that experts
call "Seasonal Affective Disorder," also known as S.A.D. or the winter
blahs. By bringing light from the sun into your house, or home office,
a VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylight can help you beat the winter blahs.